I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I really love the “Daily Recipes” that I get in my email inbox from Allrecipes.com. I’m constantly making a note to try one out “some day” and last week I had a chance to try a new one. I had everything on hand with the exception of one ingredient: mushrooms, which I had actually had on hand but it turned out they weren’t good anymore so we threw them out. The recipe was fine without them but I’d add them in if I had them next time.
Everyone loved this recipe and I’d definitely make it again. I made some notes and adjustments below.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (I used a bag of frozen from Aldi’s.)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles (I used a pound of wheat spaghetti.)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (This was a lot. I’d do less next time and add a bit more lemon juice instead.)
- 1 cup butter (I think you could cut some of this out as well. Maybe down to 1 1/2 sticks instead of two.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined (I used a bag of frozen from Aldi’s.)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, boil or steam asparagus in enough water to cover until tender; chop and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to full boil, place the pasta in the pot and return to a rolling boil; cook until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat until the garlic is golden brown.
- Place butter and lemon juice in the saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted. Place the shrimp in the saucepan and cook until the shrimp turns pink. Place the mushrooms and asparagus into the saucepan, cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Toss the shrimp and vegetable mixture with the egg noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.