Recently I came across a list on Babble, which listed 10 Super-Foods Your Kids Should Be Eating Now. I was immediately intrigued. I wondered what the foods were, and whether or not any combination of my kids were eating them. Below is the list and I’ve shared with you how my kids fare. How many of them do your kids eat?
1) Blueberries: All three eat these
2) Sweet Potatoes: Elizabeth likes them
3) Natural Nut Butter (for kids without allergies to nuts): My kids eat chocolate peanut butter but I don’t think that counts. They eat regular peanut butter, but it’s generally Skippy so that’s not all natural either.
4) Avocados: Alex and Liz like them
6) Yogurt: They all like it, especially if it has crushed up Oreos in it, or is Boston Cream Pie flavored, which I’m not sure is quite what they had in mind here.
7) Tuna and Salmon: They all liked salmon the last time we had it, they all like tuna and spaghetti and Liz likes a regular ole tuna sandwich, even just tuna in a bowl.
8) Eggs: They like em’ hard boiled, fried, scrambled, and Caroline even likes just whites.
9) Beans and Legumes: Here we fall short. Alex and Liz like peas and Liz likes Lima beans, but overall they’re not huge bean eaters other than string beans, which Caroline in particular, loves.
So now that you’ve seen the list, how did your family fare? What do you think about the list? As I read it I thought of several other really good for you foods that my kids do eat, so even though we missed a few things on the list, I know there’s other really good things that they eat also and that makes me feel good!