Fun Friday: Is it a cupcake or a muffin? You decide!

20 Sep

Looks like a muffin, tastes like a cupcake. What was I serving my family for breakfast?

ORIGINALLY POSTED OCTOBER 26, 2012:

This summer, one thing I wanted to do was try out some of the recipes I’d pinned on Pinterest. Today’s recipe post is one of those. I figured that if it was good, I’d post it for one of my fall/pumpkin themed posts.

Which I am, today.

But I don’t know what it is.

A muffin maybe.

Or a cupcake possibly.

Pumpkin, for sure.

I’ve seen this recipe all over the internet and Pinterest, and it’s touted as being fast, easy, tasty and a good Weight Watchers snack even.

Two ingredients for today’s muffins. Cupcakes. Whatever they are.

This recipe has two ingredients:

Cake Mix
15 ounces of pumpkin

Mix, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Try them and let me know what you think! Are they a cupcake or a muffin? Are they truly healthy? No eggs, no oil or butter.

Do you sprinkle them with powdered sugar like a muffin or do you put frosting on them like a cupcake?

Muffin?

Cupcake?

Breakfast?

Or dessert?

You try them and let me know what you think!

Advertisements

8 Responses to “Fun Friday: Is it a cupcake or a muffin? You decide!”

1. Carol October 26, 2012 at 7:55 am #

Hi Jen. These are fantastic. Ive been making them for years. I like them best just slightly undercooked with nothing on top. I call them muffins. It’s actually a weight watchers recipe.

• thewholebagofchips October 26, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

Thanks Carol! I ended up making them with nothing on top too, as I wasn’t sure what direction to go in! They were yummy!

2. Mom October 26, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

I am thinking (without tasting) that it is a cupcake since you used “cake mix”, however I would sprinkle powered sugar and eat it anytime since the pumpkin makes it healthy. Problem solved! ;-)……..Your loving mother-in-law

• thewholebagofchips October 26, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

You were here when I made them this summer! I bet you had one! Thanks for your comment! xoxo

3. Kim October 27, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

You need to make them with Spice cake mix. YUMMY

4. Kim November 19, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

I made them with a spice cake mix and added raisins. OMG they are so good. But they didn’t spread out and fill the pan. Odd, but still they were round balls of yumminess anyway.