Sometimes, it just all comes together.
One recent weekend, I tried a new muffin recipe for Honey Muffins from One Perfect Bite. They were so easy, but most of all, they were a perfect complement to two other recipes that we love.
That morning, our breakfast was just amazing.
On the menu were:
The new honey muffins
My homemade strawberry jam that I’d made in the crock pot
My famous baked eggs.
The greatest thing was that the jam was made ahead of time, and I actually made the eggs up the night before and reheated them in the morning, which I do a lot during the work week.
On this particular morning, we were heading out for the day and this breakfast filled our bellies before we went.
Here’s the recipe for the honey muffins. I did use part wheat flour and part white flour so technically they were a Honey Wheat Muffin instead of just Honey Muffins, but the recipe is otherwise the same as what One Perfect Bite posted on her blog.
One Perfect Bite’s Honey Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line standard muffin cups with paper liners.
2) Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3) Combine egg, milk, butter and honey in a small bowl.
4) Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.
5) Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.