I follow several different blogs and one of the ones I really love is the Budget Gourmet Mom blog. I actually wait all day long to see what is going to pop up in my inbox each afternoon. She and I seem to have the same taste, the same love of chocolate and the same frugal lifestyle when it comes to cooking.
Last week when Krista posted a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip, I knew I just had to try it out. Now Krista is not just a great cook, but she takes beautiful photos of her food. You have to go over and check them out. Everything always looks so pretty, right down to the wood on her table. It’s very different from when I take my photos, on top of the stove, the counter, or wherever I can find a space. She also has a way of writing while she shows her photos. I just love to read her blog, it’s thoroughly enjoyable. And, Krista has a ton of kids, I think four of them, so I can’t say she has nothing better to do, because she’s super busy too.
I tried this out last week, and my kids enjoyed it, but they still stand by the peanut butter yogurt dip as their favorite.
- 4 tblsp cream cheese, softened
- 1 heaping tblsp light brown sugar
- 6 oz lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl use a spoon to work the brown sugar into the cream cheese. Stir until combined.
- Add the yogurt and stir until creamy. You may want to use a mixer to fluff it a bit but it’s not necessary.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and serve with graham crackers, fruit, or pretzels.